Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Friend-Approved-Boy Test

So, this weekend Lacey texted me and said in more words, "Come with me to a bar in Madison." and I said, "Okay!" after a little bit of hesitation. Well we went to meet Hot Topic Boy. And He seems cool enough. I like him more than Little Boy Emo. Why is he cooler, well I have decided that there should be a friend test to pass guys on. When we were at HTB's house, he made us drinks and told us about his man crush, some Ultimate Fighter, but anyway, he seemed excited to meet me. He was like, "Kendall! I have heard so much about you from Lacey!"
  • He remembers what she says and who her friends are. He listens AND hears! OMFG! crazy awesome!
On our way to a bar, the sidewalk was slippery and I was wearing slippery shoes, and he was walking beside me telling me about his pet iguanas and I am THE biggest klutz ever, so and I was thinking...is he that nice enough to not let me fall? So, I said "Hold my hand so I don't fall!" and he did! He helped me over these weird slush/ice piles in the street.
  • He helped me! A perfect stranger! He's NICE. whoa. Not a lot of guys would have done that! So that earned extra points in my book.
Well, then HTB got REALLY drunk and spilled his guts to us about Lacey and what he thinks of her and how she is the hottest girl he has ever seen and how she is the one Hot Topic costumer that he remembers.
  • Well, so this wasn't so cool because he just kept rambling. But, when I am drunk and tell people things, what I tell them is what I mean. I like to drink because it makes me a little braver and then I can say what I want and I regret saying it, but in the end it's not so bad. So I am a little uncertain about this one. Either he means it or he doesn't
When we got back to HTB's house and he was talking to me about how he likes Lacey so much and he wants to know if she has any other boyfriends. And I didn't get to say much about it to him, but he said he read our blog so I would like to say to him.
  • If you REALLY like Lacey as much as you say, would you honestly let something like other boys that like her stop you? Lacey is smoking hot, a zillion boys like her!
  • And if you REALLY like Lacey, Shut up and do something about it!
Idk, Little Boy Emo is very immature. I mean, he can't even get into a bar, and being 21 those are kind of a fact of life. And he is funny, but kind of childish funny. And funny like how a High Schooler is funny. And he kind of treats Lacey like one of the dudes, and he seems like he would make his whole life revolve around her, and that would be a little weird. Interesting. xo K

1 comment: