Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Confidence--embrace it!

You can never have enough!
As women, we are faced with many situations in life that may, well, put a damper on our confidence. Seeing all these 'beautiful' women on TV and in moves and magazines, that are a size 2, and have everything you could ever dream for. Blah blah. They're mostly lame, and they piss me off. They give real women a hard time.
People don't realize that they get paid to look that good! I'm sorry that I do not have an extra million dollars lying around to spend on liposuction and butt implants. Not that I need a bigger butt, but my friend Kendall does. And she cannot afford butt implants either! It's just so hard to keep up with society's standards. I think that as real, regular, average, amazing, and awesome women we need to come together and form our own standards to live by. We cannot keep comparing ourselves to the fake chicks that walk the earth now.
So what if you're not a size -12?
It's perfectly fine to be perfectly fine with your perfect curves.
As long as you're doing it in a healthy way. What I mean is as long as your curves aren't classified as being morbidly obese, because that is a threat to your health, and you've taken being okay with your curves a little too far.
I do not want to diet my whole time and be unhappy with myself. Eventually I am going to get old and die. Do I want to look back on my life and realize that I was not entirely happy with myself and spent every waking moment thinking about what I eat and exersizing my butt off, just so I can try and make everyone else happy? I do not think so!
I am a size 9. I currently(as of 6hrs ago) weigh 138ish pounds. I am about 5'5" and average built.
  • I have hips.
  • I have a butt.
  • I have boobs.
  • I have curves.
  • I have imperfections.
  • I love every single one of them.

I feel that every woman, no matter what size/shape you are, should learn to love yourself. You only have one body and one life. Unless you believe in reincarnation. Then that's another story, for a different blog. But mainly, be confident.

Take chances. Be brave. Be bold. Take risks. Go the extra step. Talk to your crush. Wear that low cut shirt. Try something new.

Because if you don't, you'll never know. And you'll regret it for the rest of you life. If you try something new and it doesn't go the way you planned, oh well. Get over it. If he doesn't call you back, then he's not worth your time. All I can say, is that if you don't like something, don't sulk about it, change it.

But be true to yourself.

Always.

Because you are beautiful. No matter what they say.

Even on those days when you don't wear make-up. You're still gorgeous. =]

No comments:

Post a Comment