Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Red Lipstick

Photobucket Ever notice how back in the day EVERYONE was wearing red lipstick? It didn't matter if she was a movie star or a housewife. She had her perfect pout in red lipstick. Then in the 80's it got over done and in the 90's you wore red lipstick with your blue eyeshadow to the country music awards and your sky high shoulder pads. but these days, it's kinda unique to see someone in fire engine red lipstick. Especially if they look good in it. I bet it's a way to feel powerful. I myself, don't wear red lipstick. I would like to but...I' m just haven't found the right shade yet. I have this HOT pink that I just adore though...it's a way to be bold and when I wear it I feel like my alter ego. So, I think we all need to find our perfect lipstick color. It needs to be something amazing that screams "LOOK AT ME!" and "Wouldn't you like this all over your face, big boy?" lol. Keys to wearing red lipstick
  • When you have pale white skin, it will POP more.
  • Don't overdo the rest of your make up and accessories otherwise you will look like a tramp.
  • I guess it helps if you line your lips so the lipstick won't bleed and look smudgy.
  • Find a red that looks good on you. This will take the most time. But honestly can you ever go wrong with Fire Engine Red?
  • When you wear it be prepared to get looks and glances. Come up with an alias. She can rock it if you are still a little too shy.
  • Wear it with your LBD, pearls, and patent leather pumps. This look is not only classy it has been around for a lifetime and we all have our own twists on it, so make it work for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment